- Mao Tse Tung: “We’ve got to find an alternative to marching four-abreast into the sea. Four abreast would take forever.”
- Jeff Chandler: “White man speak with forked tongue.”
- Walter Brennon: “Them God damned Shoshones just kept a’comin’. I’ve got five arrows in my chest and it HURTS! They just kept a’comin’.”
- John Wayne: “Fill your hand you son of a bitch!”
- Standing Badger Running: “You guys serve whiskey to Indians in here?”
- GI Joe: “For me this war isn’t about killing Japanese or Germans, or protecting our freedoms. It’s about NOT shovelling shit in Louisiana or burying bodies in the Solomon Islands.”
Hi readers. Thanks for coming by for a read.
I’d imagine most of you will agree the dew has just about fallen from the lily with all these quotations flying around the Internet. Pick any subject, do a quickie websearch, and someone somewhere said a wise inspiring soul shattering sentence about it in some context.
Pop it up and give the world a thrill. Make their day. You don’t even have to know who the person was who said it, nor why they said it, nor to whom. Just shoot it out there and everyone who reads it will suddenly possess a new and enlightened viewpoint on the subject.
One suggested means of making sure everyone toes the line has been put forward by some other folks who’ve about got a belly full of what Talouse le Trec said about rock and roll. It involves putting a “INSERT QUOTE FROM FAMOUS PERSON HERE” button on all Internet posts.
Scans the rest of the words by the person making the post, searches the web for anything someone who once lived said on the subject, and inserts a poignant touching few words with a name someone might recognize.
Seems to me that’s a bit too macho robbing. The way to get humanity back on track is for Internet posters to contemplate what famous people might have said, whether they said it or not. Or probably would have said if they’d thought about it. Or sort of said when they were playing the part of someone else in a movie.
But the main thing is, someone has to do something before this thing wears so thin it won’t hold water. Otherwise people might quit coming to the Internet to get their thoughts to make their day.